Funding: Harassment



Funding:  Harassment

 About harassment


We have been living with harassment ever since the year 2005. We didn’t know who our stalkers were, but I have now managed to identify some of them. They use our names and lives as entertainment, by writing soapies, dramas and movies for personal gain. Some use our names and ideas (now) from my blog, facebook page and twitter account to advance their careers and brands. It’s because of this harassment and abuse that our lives have now become impossible and unbearable; I did a short drama course in 2007 hoping that fame will highlight my problem, but it wasn’t to be I wrote a book about us and the harassment in and sent the manuscript to the publishers in 2009 but it was rejected.  Then I decided to use the same blog that I had started to write about my dreams and use it to raise awareness of our plight. I was hoping that the harassment would stop, only to discover that the same people use this information to write soapies, dramas, movies, documentaries and adverts.


Why must you fund us?


I have been living with harassment from 2005, since the release of the Dan Brown novel “Da Vinci Code”. They assumed the book was written about me and a childhood friend Sophie and Dan (married couple). I decided to dedicate all my time since 2007 to have this harassment stop. My daughter was 4yrs old at the time.  I want her to have a normal childhood and adulthood. I fear that if I do not do something about this problem now, they’ll do the same to her like they did/do to me. I want us to lead normal lives like everybody. I am also hoping to raise awareness to the plight of other women and children in similar situations.  



People started harassing me, my daughter, family and friends. I contacted the police, a few government departments, political organizations, lawyers, SAHRC and newspapers but nobody wanted to help me, nobody came back to me.  I have contacted the Police, Lawyers, and Political Organisations to no avail. 



I have managed to track down a few of my stalkers and the people who are making money out of our problem. These are the people who constantly stalk and swear at us, as per my blog. I’ve approached lawyers but they don’t want to handle my case Pro-Bono. Those who are interested can do so if they get paid.  I also need the services of a lawyer who’s willing to work with me and help reveal the truth.   



What we need:

  •  Legal representation

I lost my job in 2011 because of harassment and have been looking for one ever. I lost my house and moved in with my parents. My daughter’s staying with her dad during school days. I have no friends and can’t support myself. I decided to write a book about my problem and tried to have it published, but they were rejected. I am still waiting for the other publishers to come back to me.    

 

Today there are soapies, movies and books written about us. Even the newspapers reporters base their articles on us. It was only this year that President Jacob Zuma announced that the government intends to fight criminals who harass their victims via “electronic communication” in his State of the Nation Address 2013.


  • Internet connection

I need it to make my research, I have none at the moment. I have to go to an internet cafe because I lost my computer cable near a campus and it’s always full.  I’m working from an old Blackberry 8520 and it needs a new battery. All the information I have gathered I did through my Blackberry phone. I depend on BIS get my projects done. To send emails, gather data and manage my blog.

  •  Website

I am also going to need a website to store all data on it. I am using a blogger on Google+ called “a theory of allegorical names and with it looks unprofessional. Everything is posted on one page including “my harassment and dreams” posts. 

 

Help me fund my dream! Help stop the harassment against a woman and a child! Help us reveal the truth about us and harassment! Please send an email to: florence.shoko@gmail.com for more details.












Regards




Flora Shoko SA



©2013 Florence M Shoko


Comments