About Dreams! Dreams! Dreams! Dreams! Dreams! Dreams! Dreams:


A THEORY OF ALLEGORICAL NAMES                                             ©2012
 
Dreams (Book of Dreams)

Marvin Gaye (Musician, USA) 
I was at work in Centurion and my working conditions were not satisfactory. I was under a lot of stress and one night I went to bed and dreamt of a man standing in a half empty room I took it that it was him, he was wearing bell bottomed trousers and a flower shirt. Then a voice said to me” he had a lot of problems and he couldn’t sort them out, so he shot his father.
Martin Lawrence (Actor, USA)
I was at my aunts Dora and me and my cousins were playing cards. And then we went to a restaurant and sat down on brown benches. We ordered food and then he walked in and sat next to my cousin and started talking to us. Then we had someone playing a piano and we turned to see Don Laka playing on the stage.  
Alicia Keyes and Swiss Beatz (Musician and Producer, USA)
They had come to my bedroom to take pictures of Alicia. Swiss had a camera in hand and I got out of bed to sit on the floor to make way for them. Then Swiss said to me “Hey Ava, whatever your name is, move a little, we want to work” Alicia laughed and I moved to the corner to watch him take pictures of her. When they were done, she ran outside and started singing outside in the sun.

Thebe and Thandiswa Mazwai (Musicians, SA)
I had written some music and didn’t where to go to, to get help. Then one day as I was sleeping I heard a voice, it said: 
“Go to Thebe’s studios, he’ll help you”
Then I left and started walking in Jo’burg in the city centre in the middle of the road on foot. I saw a grey building and its door was facing East. I went in and went into a room on the ground floor and found Thandiswa standing on the doorway. She had a disc in hand and was waiting to see Thebe. She asked me why I was there and told her I needed help with my music.  As we were busy talking Thebe came out from one of the rooms and asked us to come in. 

David Tlale (Fashion Designer, SA)
I resigned at work and was very hesitant about what I want to do even though I had a plan, I knew what I wanted to do and this morning I woke up after I had the dream and started to set the wheels in motion. I think maybe that's what's wrong with the world. I dreamt someone had left a note for me and it read "Message from David: you must stoot and not camp” 


Iman and David Bowie (Musician and Model, USA)  
She was in my bedroom watching me sleeping and David came held her by hand and told her they had to go. They left and to go North. 


Eric Benet (Musician, USA)
It was a sunny day in the West and word got out that his ex wife Halle Berry died. And he was amongst the first people who went to her house. The door was on the left side of the house and he found reporters there. He was crying and wanted to go in but they wouldn’t open the door for him.

Comments